Lazy Sunday Weekly Recap #6
- My post work hard and shut up did extremely well. This post has smashed my current record for visitors, page views and comments.
- My dishwasher no longer has standing water at the bottom of it, but I discovered a serious leak. The repairman couldn’t find it when he came out the last time, but I did. My dishwasher leaks approximately a quarter a cup of water on each wash cycle from the floater switch seal. The is leak under the dishwasher and is not visible unless you have the front plate off. Good news? My dishwasher is under warranty and the service tech will over soon to fix the leak.
- My Dallas Cowboys lost to the freakin’ Arizona Cardinals. I wasn’t mad at the fact that the Cowboys lost; the Cardinals always play the Cowboys tough. I was pissed that we lost in overtime, because of a missed field goal. With 27 seconds left in the game and 2 timeouts, instead of burning a timeout to run another play. Tony Romo spiked the ball with 7 seconds remaining. Then, instead of lining up for the field goal and ending the game. The head coach calls a timeout milliseconds before the kick, so the field goal which our kicker made, didn’t count. HE HAD TO KICK AGAIN. The 2nd kick was missed! So, technically our head coach iced our kicker. Talk about pi-ss-ed… Today we have a must win game against the NY Giants.
- My credit union made up for being idiots by implementing a stream line appraisal process. Instead of taking the risk of going through the appraisal process and finding more problems I gladly accepted the lower HELOC amount. Appraisals are risky because I buy really really old homes. There is ALWAYS something wrong or that can be pointed out by an appraiser. So, I was happy to hear that my credit union has now implemented an appraisal process where they take tax records, recent sales and other variables, throw it into an algorithm and estimate the value of your home. Hmmm… I like the sound of this. So, what’s the catch? Well I can only take 60% equity instead of 70%. Sweet! I only needed 50% equity anyway. Let’s do the deal! What does this mean for our real estate goals? Well, going through the appraisal process it could take 45-90 days to get the money. With the stream lined process it takes 3 weeks to pull money. Winning! This mean we can purchase 3-4 homes a year if we use a serial process and 4-8 homes a year if we buy 2 homes at a time. More on this later…
- So we have good news then bad news concerning our rental properties. Both our rental properties passed their county, city, and government inspections. Then the government “forgets” to send me my damn payment for one of our properties. My property manager who works off rents received was furious! He assured me that he definitely is on top of this and finds this unacceptable of the government.
- I am looking to raise rents on my properties by 5%. Raising rent is the only way to recoup some of the money I’ve lost via repairs, payment delays and other government strong arm tactics.
- My dog is officially no longer allowed to go to the restroom in the house. I took a black light to our carpets and OMFG!…. time to start going outside. So I bought 200 dollars worth of Nature’s Miracle and went to town. Our house is now doggy pheromone free. Mrs. YFS is happier now too. Seeing my carpets under a black light made me want hardwood floors throughout on our home.
- I’m ghost writing, staff writing and guest posting a lot… So, If you need an article. Email me at email@example.com
- Mrs. YFS shoe blog is really taking off. Tune into www.shoeAcidal.com for the latest interview
- I started a giveaway! Enter to win 50 dollars cold hard cash.
- I created a forum. I want to establish more of a community with my readers. So please check it out and introduce yourself.
- In the last week I dropped from 129,495 to 104,702
- My goal will be to be under 70k by January 1st. Help me by sharing this post with your friends!
- Saving Money Today: How to Improve your Finances in 2012
- Watson Inc: Broke People Afford Everything
- Money Reasons: Too Error to Learn
YFS Guest Posts
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff: Essential Tips to Hiring The Right CPA
- Consumerism Commentary: Can you survive at the poverty line?
Blog Carnivals Yourfinancessimplified.com was featured in the following blogs!!!
- Average Joes Money Blog – Post of the week
Things to Remember
- Introduce yourself in the Forum!
What do you want to read about? Leave a comment below with your personal finance topic request. I will make sure I write about it. Technorati claim code: NTB95SVW5GSJ